Strategies for future health care – rekindling and inspiring todays work
Strategies for future health care - rekindling and inspiring todays work
Background: To meet the challenges of future health care a national big scale transformation towards “closer care” is ongoing in Sweden. The aim of the transformation is to move health care closer to the inhabitants. The local work in Region Jönköping County (RJC) regarding this started in 2016 in the program “Together for best possible health and care on equal terms”. In addition, during 2019 and 2020, a project was designed to develop and describe longterm strategies and design for the RJC work
Method: A project leader was assigned and formed a team for the work. Political and senior leaders set directions and follow up routines. The agile project was developed sequential based on theories and local approaches such as quality as business strategy, values, complex adaptive systems and co-production.
A project logic model with four overall areas: 1) Quality as strategy – systematic quality improvement work 2) Reconnaissance and network – learnings national and international 3) Follow up – numbers and stories 4) Participation and co-production – meeting places and cooperation
Results: The project delivered a strategic plan “Together we meet the needs for future health care” consisting of six overall strategies that was jointly decided on at the political level of the region.
The strategies are:
- Strengthen the inhabitans own resourses and contribute to a society that supports healthy choices in everyday life
- Increase security through equal, safe and personcentered care
- Simpler everyday life for patients and employees with the support of adapted range of services and increased digitization
- Primary care is the basis, specialized and highly specialized diagnostics and hospital care are available when needed
- Development of the workplace of the future with a focus on employeeship and competence renewal
- Lead and develop to strengthen good relationships that contribute to seamless collaboration where value is created together
The strategies have their foundation from the inhabitans perspective. The work to reach the purpose of the strategies are also connected to the earlier program “Together for best possible health and care on equal terms” consisting of a variety of subprojects with regional development areas that addresses identified areas of importance for the transformation.
Session content: A deeper journey through the strategies, logic model and the everyday work taking us there.Presenter/s: Anette Nilsson (Region Jönköping County, Sweden) , Sofia Persson (Department of Public Health and Health Care, Region Jönköping County, Sweden)